Summer Orzo Citrus Salad Recipe
Make even the simplest dishes into a hearty meal with a side of orzo salad.
- 1½ cups orzo pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 small shallot, cut in half and sliced
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves or spinach
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Meanwhile, drain oranges reserving ¼ cup liquid. In large bowl, combine oranges, reserved liquid and remaining ingredients except arugula.
- Stir in cooled pasta and arugula. Toss to coat. Salt and pepper as desired.
Make Ahead: Prepare up to 1 day ahead and refrigerate, covered.
Nutrition per Serving:
Rated 4 out of 5 by Poconogirl from Ready for Summer! We loved this with the grilled citrus chicken, and had some leftovers for lunch on following days. Really quick and easy to make, and tastes very fresh.
Date published: 2018-05-02