Sweet Pepper Coconut Shrimp Recipe
So crunchy and coconutty, these restaurant-style shrimp will get rave reviews.
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound tail-on cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Set aside.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Place beaten eggs in a separate shallow dish.
- Roll each shrimp in flour; dredge in egg. Immediately roll in coconut mixture. Place coated shrimp on a greased, parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Fry shrimp in small batches until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per batch. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with Sweet Pepper Jalapeno Jam for dipping.
Makes 4-6 servings.