Taco Rice Recipe
Taco Rice is the perfect side for taco night – or any night. Try it tonight.
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1½ cups long-grain white rice
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine first 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in green onions. Garnish with cheese.
Makes 6 servings.
For remix Chicken, Rice & Bean Burritos recipe: Place 2 servings leftover rice in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
Rated 5 out of 5 by SuTex from Flavorful Rice Very flavorful with a kick. Easy to make and duplicate!
Date published: 2017-08-11