Tex-Mex Beans & Rice Recipe
Tex-Mex Beans & Rice are the perfect side for any Mexican dish – or use them as the base for a quick meal in a bowl.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup diced poblano pepper or green bell pepper
- 2½ cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups instant brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, optional
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and pepper; salt and pepper as desired. Sauté 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add broth and Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and beans; reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
- Garnish with cheese and green onions, if desired.
For remix Enchilada Bowls recipe: Place 1½ cups rice in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.