Tex-Mex Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 1 (28 ounce) can no salt added crushed tomatoes
- 18 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 deli rotisserie chicken, pulled apart (3-4 cups cooked)
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Toppings such as sour cream, sliced green onions, sliced black olives, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, combine crushed tomatoes and Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Spread ½ cup sauce in the bottom of a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Layer 6 tortillas, ⅓ sauce, half the chicken and 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers ending with 6 tortillas, ⅓ sauce and 1 cup cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with desired toppings.
Makes 8 servings.
Serve with Mexican Chopped Salad recipe.
Wine Pairing: Sangiovese
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare through step 2 in a disposable 13x9-inch aluminum pan. Cover with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Label and freeze. Thaw completely and continue with step 3 or bake from frozen, adding 15-20 minutes to the covered bake time. Note: remove plastic wrap and recover with foil before baking.Nutrition per Serving: (does not include toppings)
Calories: 420 Total Fat: 22g Sat. Fat: 11g Cholest: 95mg Sodium: 1,300mg Carbs: 32g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Protein: 25g