Tex-Mex Mac & Cheese Skillet Recipe
This one-pan wonder combines classic mac and cheese with Tex-Mex flavors.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2½ cups 2% milk
- 1¼ cups hot water
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, combine ground beef and Garlic Garlic Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Cook and crumble until cooked through and no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes; drain off liquid.
- Add tomato sauce and Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in macaroni, milk and water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 11-13 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Serve immediately. Sauce will continue to thicken upon standing.
Serve with a green salad and garlic toast.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Grigio.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine step 1 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Combine tomato sauce and Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
Nutrition per Serving: