Tex-Mex Mac & Cheese Skillet Recipe
This one-pan wonder combines classic mac and cheese with Tex-Mex flavors.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2½ cups 2% milk
- 1¼ cups hot water
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, combine ground beef and Garlic Garlic Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Cook and crumble until cooked through and no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes; drain off liquid.
- Add tomato sauce and Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in macaroni, milk and water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 11-13 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Serve immediately. Sauce will continue to thicken upon standing.
Serve with a green salad and garlic toast.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Grigio.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine step 1 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Combine tomato sauce and Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
Nutrition per Serving:
Rated 5 out of 5 by MarjG from Homemade and Delicious! A Great recipe with Mom's Taco Seasoning. Going to be a keeper in our house!
Date published: 2018-06-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by Heidi L from This is NOT Hamburger Helper! I was a little leery to introduce this to my family because we have never been 'hamburger helper' fans...but I was looking for something fast, simple, and a meal that I had all the ingredients for. This recipe 'won' by default :) SO GLAD I gave it a try because it was absolutely creamy & delicious! We liked the heat...I would call it 'medium' spicy, so tone it down or kick it up with some Fiesta Party Dip if you want more heat! This will definitely be an addition to our meal plan! I was going to post a picture...but mine looks exactly like the pic already provided!
Date published: 2018-05-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mom of two from Easy and full of flavor! This was super easy and everyone gobbled it up, including the kids (7 and 2). I didn't have cheese and it was really good without it. I think the Mom's Taco Seasoning is a little zippy, so the next time I make it I'm going to try it with only 2 tablespoons.
Date published: 2018-03-19