Tex-Mex Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 poblano pepper or green bell pepper, chopped, optional
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 6 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- Optional toppings such as shredded cheese, corn chips (Fritos®), sour cream
- Slow Cooker
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook and crumble ground beef, peppers and onions until no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes. Drain off liquid.
- Stir in water, Perfectly Potato Cheddar Soup Mix black beans, drained tomatoes and Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Bring to a simmer (do not boil); reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve garnished with desired toppings.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad and corn bread muffins.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Stir in beans, drained tomatoes and Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Cool; transfer to a gallon freezer bag. Place in a gallon freezer bag with unopened package Perfectly Potato Cheddar Soup Mix. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2 in a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
Slow Cooker Directions: Prepare step 1 in a large skillet. Transfer to a 5-quart or larger slow cooker. Continue with step 2, cooking on LOW 5-6 hours.