Wahoo! Beef Bowls Recipe
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1½ pounds beef top round steak
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Cooked white or brown rice, optional
- Optional toppings: diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, chopped green onions, salsa, guacamole, sour cream
- Slow Cooker
- In a greased 3-quart or larger slow cooker, combine tomatoes, Garlic Garlic™ Seasoning, Wahoo!® Chili Seasoning, salt and pepper as desired.
- Season steak with salt and pepper as desired. Place in slow cooker, covering with tomatoes. Cook on LOW 8-9 hours or until beef shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and shred; turn up to HIGH. In small bowl, whisk cornstarch and water together; whisk into slow cooker. Stir in beans and shredded beef. Cook 30 minutes.
- Serve over Creamy Wahoo! Polenta or cooked rice. Top with desired toppings.
Makes 6 servings OR 4 servings + 2 leftover servings. Serve with Creamy Wahoo Polenta
For remix Beef & Bean Wahoo Burritos recipe: Place 2 servings of Wahoo! Beef in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
Make ahead & freeze: Combine step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Season steak with salt and pepper and place in bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.