Baked Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
What’s better than mozzarella sticks? Homemade, baked mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce. Easy and delicious.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups plain panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 mozzarella cheese sticks, wrappers removed, cut in half crosswise
- Olive oil spray
- ½ (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- In shallow dish, combine flour and 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt. In second shallow dish combine eggs and ½ teaspoon Seasoned Salt. In third shallow dish combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Spinach & Herb Seasoning and remaining ½ teaspoon Seasoned Salt.
- Dredge cheese sticks in flour, dip in egg and roll in bread crumbs. Repeat dipping in egg and bread crumbs, creating a second coating. Place between sheets of wax paper in large storage container. Freeze several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Generously spray a large baking sheet with olive oil spray. Place frozen cheese sticks on baking sheet. Spray tops generously with olive oil spray. Bake 10-12 minutes, turning over halfway through, or until golden brown and cheese is melted. (Do not overbake or cheese may escape.)
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine crushed tomatoes and Mama Mia™ Marinara Sauce Mix. Warm sauce, if desired. Serve with cheese sticks. Makes 12 servings.
Make Ahead: Prepare through step 2. Freeze up to 1 month ahead. Continue with step 3.
Rated 1 out of 5 by TSFan2016 from Putzy and turned out flat The flavor was great, but they weren't all that simple to prepare and they flattened in the oven. I won't be making these again.
Date published: 2017-05-16