BBQ Chicken Rotini Skillet Recipe
Perfect for potlucks or family meals, this BBQ Chicken Rotini Skillet is a one-pot wonder.
- ½ pound bacon, chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 10 ounces rotini pasta
- 2½ cups 2% milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté bacon until crispy, about 4-5 minutes; remove to clean paper towels. Remove all but 2 tablespoons bacon drippings from pan.
- Add chicken, Onion Onion Seasoning and Ultimate Steak Seasoning to skillet. Sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, milk, chicken broth and Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove cover and continue cooking 8-10 minutes or until pasta is desired doneness, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in bacon and cheese. Serve immediately. Sauce will continue to thicken upon standing.
Serve with Creamy Onion Spinach Salad recipe.
Wine Pairing: Cabernet Franc
Nutrition per Serving:
Calories: 660 Total Fat: 26g Sat. Fat: 13g Cholest: 170mg Sodium: 1,520mg Carbs: 54g Fiber: <1g Sugar: 17g Protein: 53g
Rated 4 out of 5 by Packardw from Easy and quick dish Very easy to prepare, nice sauce, and kid approved. Directions left off when to add bacon back in so I added it before the cheese.
Date published: 2018-08-17