Black & Blue Burgers Recipe
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 6 slices 2% milk Cheddar cheese
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Lettuce leaves, tomato slices, optional
- In large bowl, combine first 3 ingredients; salt and pepper as desired. Form into 6 patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add patties. Pan-fry, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine mayonnaise and Bacon Pepper Jam. Set aside. Top burgers with cheese.
- Spread toasted buns with bacon pepper aioli. Top with burgers, lettuce and tomatoes, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place patties in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Place Bacon Pepper Jam in a quart freezer bag. Place cheese in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.