Cheesy Pesto Wicked Beef Recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra-wide egg noodles
- 1½ pounds leaf ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) jar 3-cheese Alfredo sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
- 1 cup finely shredded Italian-blend cheese
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped, optional
- Prepare pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef and 1 tablespoon Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix; salt and pepper as desired. Cook and crumble until no longer pink, abut 5-7 minutes. Drain off liquid.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in Onion Onion™ Seasoning, Alfredo sauce, undrained tomatoes and remaining ¼ cup Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix; simmer 4-5 minutes.
- Add pasta and cheese; cook until heated through. Salt and pepper as desired. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with Sautéed Brussels Sprouts recipe and breadsticks.
Wine Pairing: Cabernet Sauvignon
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1; combine with 2 teaspoons oil and cheese in a gallon freezer bag. Combine step 2 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Combine step 3 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.Nutrition per Serving:
Calories: 590 Total Fat: 25g Sat. Fat: 10g Cholest: 155mg Sodium: 800mg Carbs: 53g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 10g Protein: 37g