Chicken & Bacon Patty Melts Recipe
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken (about 1 chicken) or cooked chicken)
- 12 slices Texas-style white bread or thick-cut bread
- 12 slices American cheese
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- In medium bowl, combine first 4 ingredients; stir in chicken.
- Top 6 bread slices with 6 slices of cheese, chicken mixture, bacon, remaining slices of cheese and remaining bread. Spread outside of sandwiches with butter.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add sandwiches, in batches if needed, to skillet. Cook until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with fresh-cut vegetables and dip.
Make ahead & freeze: Prepare through step 2. Wrap sandwiches individually in plastic wrap. Place in 2 (1-gallon) freezer bags. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step3.