Classic Beef Enchiladas Recipe
Flavorful beef and cheese folded in a tortilla and topped with a delicious sauce and more cheese!
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can + 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas (8 tortillas if using Dinner Mixer)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (1½ cups if using Dinner Mixer)
- Toppings such as sour cream, green onions, sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble beef, onions, Garlic Garlic™ Seasoning and Seasoned Salt until no longer pink; drain off liquid. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine tomato sauces and Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Add 1 cup to meat mixture; stir to combine. Cool slightly. (If preparing remix recipe, reserve ⅔ cup meat mixture). Spread ⅓ cup sauce across the bottom of a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Place about ⅓ cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with 1-2 tablespoons cheese. Tightly roll up and place seam-side-down in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve enchiladas garnished with desired toppings.
Serve with Tex-Mex Beans & Rice.
Make Ahead & Freeze Prepare step 1; cool completely. Continue through step 3 using a disposable aluminum 13x-9-inch baking pan; do not bake. Seal with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil; label and freeze. Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove foil and plastic wrap from pan; replace foil only. Bake from frozen 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 15 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
For remix Enchilada Bowls recipe: Place ⅔ cup meat mixture in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.