Creamy Wild Rice Stuffing Recipe
- 5 cups hot water
- 6-8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (14 ounce) package unseasoned dry bread cubes
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, combine first 4 ingredients. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium-high heat sauté bacon until almost crispy. Add celery and sauté until softened and bacon is crispy.
- In large bowl, combine bread cubes, cranberries, bacon mixture and soup. Toss to combine; salt and pepper as desired.
- Transfer stuffing to a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Remove cover and continue baking 10-15 minutes.
Makes 10-12 servings.
Make ahead: Prepare through step 3. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day ahead. Preheat oven to 350°F and continue with step 4.
Serving suggestion: Add 3-4 cups cubed leftover turkey before baking for a main dish casserole; drizzle with leftover hot gravy just before serving.
Tip: View this recipe on our blog.