- Preheat oven to 350°F. In 2 large bowls prepare cake mixes according to package directions using water and butter.
- Place ice cream cones into 1 (12-count) muffin pan. Fill with 2 tablespoons cake batter (half of each flavor or mixed). Divide remaining batter between 2 greased 9-inch round cake pans. Swirl with knife to create marbled cakes.
- Place all pans in oven, being careful not to tip cones. Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes for cones and 25-30 minutes for cake pans. Cool completely; remove from pans.
- Place one round cake on a serving platter. Frost top lightly with frosting. Top with second round cake. Frost top and sides. Using a serrated knife, cut ice cream cones in half lengthwise. Press cut sides into sides of cake. Frost tops.
- Sprinkle cake with confetti sprinkles and top each ice cream cone with a cherry. Cut into 12 slices.
Makes 12 servings.
Make Ahead: Prepare through step 4 up to 1 day ahead. Store in an airtight container. Continue with step 5 when ready to serve.