Philly Cheese Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced, optional
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed (4 ounces)
- 6 Kaiser rolls, toasted (4 Kaiser rolls if using Dinner Mixer)
- Slow Cooker
- In 3½-quart or larger slow cooker, place seasoned chicken in the bottom. Top with peppers and onions. Sprinkle with Garlic Garlic™ Seasoning and Rustic Herb Seasoning. Pour in chicken broth.
- Cook on LOW 6-8 hours. Remove chicken; shred and set aside.
- Stir cream cheese and Philly Cheese Steak Warm Dip Mix into slow cooker. When smooth, stir in shredded chicken. Continue cooking on LOW until heated through. Serve in toasted Kaiser rolls.
Makes 6 servings OR 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with assorted fresh vegetables and Rustic Herb Dressing for dipping.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Place in another gallon freezer bag with unopened packet Philly Cheese Steak Warm Dip Mix. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
For remix Philly Chicken Pasta recipe: Place 2 servings leftover chicken with sauce in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
Electric Pressure Cooker Directions: Prepare step 1 in a 6-quart or larger electric pressure cooker. Cook 10 minutes on pressure cooker setting. Release pressure. Continue with step 3.