Philly Cheese Steak Hand Pies Recipe
All the flavors of a Philly cheese steak sandwich in an easy-to-eat flaky hand pie.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped, optional
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef, chopped
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (17.3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onions and Rustic Herb Seasoning. Sauté until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in roast beef, cream cheese, Swiss cheese and Philly Cheese Steak Warm Dip Mix. Simmer until melted and smooth, stirring frequently, about 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly. Reserve 1 cup meat mixture for remix recipe.
- Cut sheets of thawed puffed pastry into 3 sections each. Divide remaining meat mixture among the puffed pastry sections, placing in the center. Stretch and fold pastry over and seal edges with a fork.
- Place on a greased large rimmed baking sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes* before serving.
Serve with Mixed Greens with Rustic Herb Vinaigrette.
*Caution: Filling will be very hot; use caution when eating.
For remix Cheese Steak Pasta recipe: Place 1 cup meat mixture in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.