Pork Carnitas Recipe
- 1 (2¼-2½ pound) boneless pork shoulder roast, cut into large chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa verde
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon water
- 16 ounces deli-style creamy coleslaw
- 1 small fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
- 10-12 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Crumbled Mexican Cotija cheese or shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Slow Cooker
- Place pork in a 3-quart or larger slow cooker. Combine salsa, chicken broth and Wahoo!® Chili Seasoning; pour over pork. Cook on HIGH 5-6 hours or LOW 8-10 hours or until pork is falling apart.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, combine Garlic Garlic™ Seasoning and water; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Add coleslaw and chopped jalapeños to garlic mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, shred pork and serve in warmed tortillas with coleslaw and cheese, if desired.
Makes 6 servings OR 4 servings + 2 leftover servings. Serve with Charro Beans.
Make ahead & freeze: Place pork, salsa, chicken broth and Wahoo!® Chili Seasoning in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
For remix Pork Posole recipe: Reserve 1 cup shredded pork and 1 cup cooking liquid; refrigerate, covered, up to 2 days.