Rustic Chicken Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 5 cups hot water
- ½ cup half & half
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add seasoned chicken, carrots, celery, onions, Garlic Garlic Seasoning and Rustic Herb Seasoning. Sauté 5-6 minutes.
- In large bowl whisk together Creamy Wild Rice Soup Mix and water. Pour into pan. Simmer, covered, 45 minutes, stirring occasionally (do not boil).
- Remove chicken. Shred and stir back into soup with half & half.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad and slices of Bountiful Beer Bread.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine first 7 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Place bag in a gallon freezer bag with unopened package Creamy Wild Rice Soup Mix. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
Alternative Slow Cooker Directions: Omit oil. Place next 6 ingredients in a 5-quart or larger slow cooker. Prepare step 2 and pour into slow cooker. Cook on LOW 5-6 hours (cooking longer may cause soup to separate). Continue with step 3.
Electric Pressure Cooker Directions: Omit oil. Place next 6 ingredients in a 6-quart or larger electric pressure cooker. Prepare step 2 and pour into pressure cooker. Cook 12 minutes on pressure cooker setting. Release pressure and continue with step 3.