Sausage, Broccoli & Cheddar Chowder Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (13 ounce) package turkey polska Kielbasa sausage ring or smoked sausage, sliced, slices cut in half
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into ¼-inch dice (about 2-3 medium)
- 3 cups chopped fresh kale or spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded or julienned carrots
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, whisk together Cheddar Broccoli Soup Mix , water and milk.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer (do not boil). Reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine Kielbasa, potatoes, kale and carrots in a gallon freezer bag. Place in another gallon freezer bag with unopened packet Cheddar Broccoli Soup Mix. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.