The first signs of summer are officially here. And this year, more than ever, it’s a great time to enjoy the great outdoors – even if it means just kicking back in your own backyard.
From dinners on the deck to campfire cookouts, here are 10 delicious reasons to get grilling.
10 Great Ways to Get Saucy
1. Chipotle BBQ Baby Back Ribs. Grab extra napkins for these tender, fall-off-the-bone ribs, slathered in a smoky-sweet sauce with hints of juicy pomegranate, mango and chipotle.
Featured sauce: Pomegranate Chipotle Sauce
For a family-style feast, serve ‘em with potato salad, baked beans and cornbread muffins.
2. Sweet & Sour Grilled Meatballs Over Rice. Like summer on a stick, these tropical meatballs are skewered with sunny pineapple and sweet bell peppers – all drizzled with a spicy citrus glaze.
Featured sauce: Orange Chile Sauce
3. Merlot Bacon-Wrapped Tenderloin. Smoky-salty bacon. Juicy pork. Succulent steak sauce. What’s not to love, right?
Featured sauce: Merlot Sauce
This weekend we fired up the grill with this easy recipe, and everyone LOVED it – including my 10-year-old and 7-year old boys.
4. Grilled Honey Teriyaki Chicken Tenders. Great for kids! These homemade chicken tenders get a healthy, summery twist with a splash of fresh lime, teriyaki and light coconut milk.
Featured sauce: Honey Teriyaki Sauce
Try the marinade and dipping sauce with boneless pork chops, too. It’s delish!
5. Vidalia Chicken & Veggie Grilled Platter. Bring together all the bright colors and flavors of summertime with this family-style platter, loaded with grilled chicken thighs, fresh garden veggies and fingerling potatoes.
Featured sauce: Vidalia Onion Dressing
Perfect for the patio or picnics in the backyard!
6. Bacon Pepper Burgers. Make your own restaurant-style cheeseburgers at home, topped with smoky-tangy aioli, fresh lettuce and garden-ripe tomatoes.
Featured sauce: Bacon Pepper Jam
Serve with French fries, sweet potato wedges or fresh fruit.
7. Sweet Pepper Jalapeno Sliders. Prefer something a little less traditional? Try these sassy island-inspired sliders, topped with melty brie, jalapeno jam and peppery arugula – all on toasted Hawaiian sweet rolls.
Featured sauce: Sweet Pepper Jalapeno Jam
8. Buffalo Dill Shrimp or Chicken Skewers. For a quick dinner, stack jumbo shrimp or cubed chicken onto skewers, and brush them with zesty Buffalo Dill Sauce during the last few minutes of grilling.
Featured sauce: Buffalo Dill Sauce
For a richer and silkier sauce, try mixing it with a little melted butter, too!
9. Smoky BBQ Chicken Salad. Grilled chicken and fresh salad make a perfect summer weeknight meal.
Featured sauce: Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce
Toss together this Southwestern-style salad in 30 minutes, filled with chopped avocado, sweet corn, tomatoes and tortilla strips.
10. Bayou Bourbon Turkey Burgers. For a family favorite, try these easy and delicious turkey burgers, topped with Swiss cheese and creamy slaw.
Featured sauce: Bayou Bourbon Sauce
By the way, this brown sugar bourbon sauce is one of my family’s all-time faves. It’s also divine on grilled salmon, ham steaks and pork chops. You can find more than 300 great grilling recipes on our website, too.
Now it’s your turn! What’s your favorite grilling go-to sauce or secret? We’d love to hear from you.
Get your grill on, friends!