Pan-Seared Steak with Black & Blue Sauce Recipe
Juicy steaks topped with a creamy blue cheese sauce.
- 1½ pounds boneless beef ribeye steaks, flat-iron steaks or sirloin steaks
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Chopped fresh chives, optional
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper as desired.
- Add steaks to hot skillet. Sear, turning once, until desired doneness is reached on an instant-read food thermometer (145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium) about 8-15 minutes. Let rest 5-10 minutes. Slice.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave cream cheese on HIGH 45 seconds. Whisk in milk and Black & Blue™ Cheese Ball Mix; microwave 1 minute. Whisk; continue microwaving 1 minute or until heated through and smooth. Stir in chives, if desired. Serve over sliced steak.
Serve with Fall Apple Salad.
Note: Steaks can be grilled, if desired.