Skillet Chicken with Light Bacon Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1½ - 1¾ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, seasoned with salt and pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (about ½ cup)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a gallon freezer bag, combine chicken, ¼ cup flour and Onion Onion Seasoning. Toss to coat.
- large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from bag; reserve bag with flour. Add chicken to skillet; sauté until browned on both sides, about 7-9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together broth, milk, Artichoke & Spinach Warm Dip Mix and any remaining flour mixture from bag. Add to chicken in skillet.
- Reduce heat and simmer until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer and sauce has thickened, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in bacon, tomatoes and parsley, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with mashed cauliflower or potatoes and Vidalia Onion Spinach Salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Place step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Place bacon in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags and unopened packet Artichoke & Spinach Warm Dip Mix in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.