High altitude: Increase water in cake by 2 tablespoons and add ⅓ cup flour.
Lighten it up:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine Sunny Lemon Pound Cake & Icing Mix packet 1, ½ cup melted butter and 1 cup water in a large bowl; blend well. Do not over mix; batter will be lumpy.
- Spread batter into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Remove from pan.
- In small bowl, combine Sunny Lemon Pound Cake & Icing Mix packet 2 with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1-2 tablespoons water; whisk until smooth. Drizzle over top and sides of pound cake.
use ½ cup plain Greek yogurt in place of butter in cake. To prepare icing, combine Packet 2 with 1-1½ tablespoons water.
More Ways to Mix It Up:
- Gently stir ¾ cup fresh blueberries into batter.
- Top icing with sliced almonds or chopped pecans.
- Stir ½ cup white chips into batter.
- For 2 mini loaves, bake 40-45 minutes.
- If using an 8 x 8 pan, bake 35-40 minutes.
- For a trifle, layer vanilla pudding, cubes of pound cake, whipped topping and assorted fresh berries.