Tropical Shrimp Tacos Recipe
One handheld dish filled with the taste of summer – Taco Tuesday will never be the same.
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- ½-1 cup diced mango (about 1 mango)
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 8-10 grape tomatoes, sliced (or ½ cup chopped tomatoes)
- 1 small fresh jalapeño pepper, sliced, optional
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1½-2 pounds (16-20 count) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10-12 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, optional
- In small bowl, combine first 6 ingredients and 2 tablespoons Tropical Tequila Sauce; salt and pepper as desired. Toss to coat. Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté until cooked through and opaque in color, about 5-6 minutes. Add remaining 4 tablespoons Tropical Tequila Sauce and continue sautéing 1-2 minutes or until lightly caramelized.
- Serve shrimp in warmed tortillas topped with pineapple salsa mixture and garnished with sprigs of cilantro, if desired.
Serve with a Mexican-style green salad.
Wine Pairing: Sauvignon Blanc.
Make Ahead: Step 1 can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate, covered.
Nutrition per Serving:
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSLisaTOT from So yummy! This was my first time trying anything other than a traditional beef/chicken taco and we looooved it! It was light and delicious. We ran out of taco shells and just started using lettuce leaves - no shrimp went uneaten that night!
Date published: 2018-05-02