Bacon Pepper Jam Meatballs Recipe
- 1½ pounds lean ground turkey or beef
- ¾ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light sour cream
- ½ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- In large bowl, combine turkey, bread crumbs, cheese, 3 tablespoons Bacon Pepper Jam, eggs, Onion Onion Seasoning, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Mix until well combined. Form into about 36 (1½-inch) meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place meatballs on a greased large rimmed baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together sour cream, broth, Garlic Garlic Seasoning, remaining 5 tablespoons Bacon Pepper Jam, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve sauce over meatballs.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with steamed broccoli and Garlic Garlic Spaghetti Squash.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place meatballs in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Place remaining Bacon Pepper Jam and Garlic Garlic Seasoning in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.