- Lusciously light, with real bits of lemon peel, this beautiful pound cake is always a showstopper for dessert or brunch.
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies: Sunny Lemon Pound Cake & Icing Mix prepared as drop cookies and frosted with a lemon buttercream frosting.
- Stir 1 tablespoon poppy seeds into batter before baking.
- After drizzling cake with icing, sprinkle with sweetened, flaked coconut.
- For mini trifles, cut cake into cubes. In small glass dishes or wine glasses, layer cake cubes with whipped cream and fresh berries. Dust with contents of icing packet.
- Package styles and colors may vary.
- Item: 769516
- serving suggestions
- standard prep
1 package Sunny Lemon Pound Cake & Icing Mix
¾ cup + 1 tablespoon water, divided
½ cup + 2 tablespoons butter, melted & cooled, divided
1 large egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. In large bowl, combine Packet 1, ¾ cup water and ½ cup melted butter and egg; blend well. Do not overmix; batter will be lumpy.
2. Spread batter into greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Remove from pan.
3. In small bowl, combine Packet 2 with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 tablespoon water; whisk until smooth. Drizzle over top and sides of pound cake. Makes about 11 servings.
High Altitude: Increase water in cake by 2 tablespoons and add 1/3 cup flour. Bake at 325˚F for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Use ½ cup plain Greek yogurt in place of butter in cake. To prepare icing, combine Packet 2 with 1 tablespoon water.
Do not eat raw batter.
INGREDIENTS: Packet 1: Wheat flour, sugar, cornstarch, nonfat dried milk, less than 2 percent of dried lemon peel, wheat gluten, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, cornstarch, monocalcium phosphate), natural flavor, vegetable oil (canola oil and/or soybean oil), xanthan gum, turmeric (color), dextrose, salt. Packet 2: Confectioner's sugar (sugar, cornstarch), vegetable oil (canola oil and/or soybean oil), modified cornstarch, natural flavor, salt, citric acid.
CONTAINS: Milk and wheat.
Manufactured in a facility that processes egg and soy.
Contains bioengineered food ingredients.
Certified Kosher-dairy by OU