- Lusciously light, with real bits of lemon peel, this beautiful pound cake is always a showstopper for dessert or brunch. Just add butter and water. Serves 11 (17 oz.).
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies: Sunny Lemon Pound Cake & Icing Mix prepared as drop cookies and frosted with a lemon buttercream frosting.
- Stir 1 tablespoon poppy seeds into batter before baking.
- After drizzling cake with icing, sprinkle with sweetened, flaked coconut.
- For mini trifles, cut cake into cubes. In small glass dishes or wine glasses, layer cake cubes with whipped cream and fresh berries. Dust with contents of icing packet.
- Item: 769505
1 package Sunny Lemon Pound Cake & Icing Mix
1 cup + 1 tablespoon water, divided
½ cup + 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided*
1. Preheat oven to 325oF. In large bowl, combine Sunny Lemon Pound Cake & Icing Mix packet 1, 1 cup water and ½ cup melted butter; blend well. Do not over mix; batter will be lumpy.
2. Spread batter into greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Remove from pan.
3. In small bowl, combine Sunny Lemon Pound Cake & Icing Mix packet 2 with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 tablespoon water; whisk until smooth. Drizzle over top and sides of pound cake.
Makes about 11 servings.
High Altitude: Increase water in cake by 2 tablespoons and add ⅓ cup flour.
*Lighten it up: Use ½ cup plain Greek yogurt in place of butter in cake. To prepare icing, combine Packet 2 with 1 tablespoon water.
Do not eat raw batter.
INGREDIENTS: Packet 1: Wheat flour, sugar, cornstarch, dried whole eggs, nonfat dry milk, less than 2% of dried lemon, dried egg whites, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, cornstarch, monocalcium phosphate), natural flavor, turmeric (color), salt, soybean oil, wheat gluten, xanthan gum.
Packet 2: Confectioner's sugar (sugar, cornstarch), soybean oil, modified cornstarch, natural flavor, salt, citric acid.
CONTAINS: Egg, milk and wheat.
Manufactured in a facility that processes soy.
Certified Kosher-dairy by OU